Special Educational Needs
- The development and progress of each child is monitored regularly. Children who do not make nationally expected levels of progress will be placed on the school SEN Register.
- Their teacher will devise a Provision Plan or a SEP (Social Emotional Plan) for them.
- Parents will always be contacted and invited into school for discussion first, before any decision is made about their child.
- The SEN register has three levels ; Class Action, School Action and EHC/Statutory Assessment.
- Sometimes outside agencies eg. Sensory Support Service might come in to support a child alongside school.
- All information about a child’s special needs is confidential and only disclosed to the people involved with provision for that child.
- Newall Green is an inclusive school and wherever possible we will adapt events and activities to meet every child’s needs.
The SEND Local Offer offers information for parents, in a single place.The Local Offer helps children, young people and their parents to understand what services and support they can expect from a range of local agencies - including their statutory entitlements.
Our full Inclusion Policy is available to download on our Policies page