Newall Green Primary safeguard their children by:
- Having designated safeguarding staff: Mrs Rudd, Head of School, Mrs Perry, Safeguarding Lead Mr Rudd and Governor Mrs Peak, with Deputy Safeguarding staff, Evelyn Uche and Lisa Redford, making sure they are well trained.
- Making our children and adults feel safe in school by having clear steps to follow if anyone is worried or concerned. We ask Manchester Safeguarding Children Board for advice if we need it.
- Encouraging all our children, parents and staff to be themselves, no matter what their race, religion, family background or state of health.
- Making sure we know why children are off school, and helping them to be in school if we can.
- Attending meetings about individual pupils and making sure that personal information is kept confidential
- Being open and honest with children and parents when something is wrong and working together with them to make things better
See our full Safeguarding Policy http://newallgreen.manchester.sch.uk/our-school/policies/safeguarding
The DfE Keeping children safe in education Statutory guidance for schools and colleges September 2016 document can be found here: The DfE Keeping children safe in education 2016