Annual Governance Statement 2019
Annual Governance Statement for the Governing Body of Newall Green Primary School.
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of Newall Green Primary School Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing body is made up of 12 Governors:
1x head teacher governor, 2 parent governors, 2 staff governor, 1 Local Authority governor and 7 co-opted governors.
The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term, we also have 3 committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail. These committees are:
- Curriculum Committee
- Resources Committee
- Pay and Performance Committee.
The work that we have completed in our committees:
- School budget monitoring
- Pupil premium / sports fund monitoring
- Child protection Policy updated
- Behaviour Policy updated
- Staff allocation monitoring
- Data analysed so that pupils make good progress from their starting points.
- Attendance monitored and tracked
Governors Body development plan 2018-2019
· To minimise the impact of the budget cuts so that pupils have access to all the support needed to make outstanding progress.
· To develop a clearer understanding of the difficulties the school faces around attendance and to facilitate change to improve pupil attendance.