Annual Governance Statement 2016
Annual Governance Statement for the Governing Body of Newall Green Primary School.
In accordance with the Government’s requirement for all governing bodies, the 3 core strategic functions of Newall Green Primary School Governing Body are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, values and strategic direction;
- Holding the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing body is made up of 12 Governors:
1x head teacher governor, 2 parent governors, 1 staff governor, 1 Local Authority governor and 7 co-opted governors.
The Full Governing Body meets at least once each term, we also have 3 committees to consider different aspects of the school in detail. These committees are:
· Curriculum Committee
· Resources Committee
· Pay and Performance Committee.
The work that we have completed in our committees:
· School budget monitoring
· Pupil premium / sports fund monitoring
· Health and Safety Policy updated and monitored
· Disability Access Plan Summary written
· Staff allocation monitoring
· Data analysed so that pupils make good progress from their starting points.
· Attendance monitored and tracked
· Child Protection training complete
· Curriculum policies updated
· Code of conduct amended in line with KCSIE
· First aid provision audited
Governors Body development plan 2016-2017
· Revise governor handbook
· To monitor closely the changes in behavioural support for the pupils within the school.
· To develop a clearer understanding of the difficulties the school faces around attendance and to facilitate change to improve pupil attendance.