I hope this finds you well and that you are managing in this very difficult time. Please remember that, even though we are not physically in school, we still care a great deal about you and are very much here for you if you need anything.
As we all know, the situation and information is changing almost day-by-day. We are guided through this time by daily updates from the Government and from Manchester City Council but ultimately it is up to the Leadership Team within school to make decisions that keep everyone safe. Below are some important points by way of an update, as things stand at this moment in time:
• Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are worried about anything we may be able to help you with. Ring the school number 0161-437-2872 and we will sort out the help that you need.
• Students – try to set aside time within the day to read, learn your times tables and complete the tasks set by your class teachers. They can be found on our website here and with others in our news section here. More and more online activities are available for us to support your learning but please remember everything we have taught you about staying safe online. The same rules apply using the internet at home as it does in school.
• Parents – we have various support materials on our website including: on-line safety information, a book to help you explain Covid 19 to your child, help to support Autistic children during isolation and information to help support adult and children’s mental health. On Facebook you can find poems and stories that can be shared with children from the staff at Newall Green Primary School. These can be found at Facebook.com/newallgreenprimary/videos
• On-line learning may cause problems for some households with access to the internet and to devices to access the internet. We are waiting for a scheme to be launched by the government to help families who are having difficulty with on-line learning and I will update you as I know more.
• If your employment of financial circumstances have changed during the Covid-19 pandemic, you may now be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and therefore eligible for the supermarket vouchers we are providing. In the first instance please apply on the Manchester Council website to see if you are eligible Apply Here. Once completed and if you qualify please call school or email email@example.com and we can order weekly supermarket vouchers on your behalf to help with food costs. We are also providing ‘grab bags’ that contain a sandwich, fruit, drink and snack that can be picked up daily from ‘The Whitehouse Centre’ for children who have free school meals (please contact school kitchen on 0161 498 9466 if you would like to order these).
• Sadly we have started to hear about parents of our students that have unfortunately died due to Covid-19. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families. So that we can support children in this very unfortunate situation please let us know and we will ensure that the appropriate support is made available.
• Return to school- there has obviously been a lot of talk in the media about schools re-opening. Please be assured that we will only reopen when it is safe to do so. It will be a very complicated process and one where we will need to rely upon your continued support and co-operation.
We all pray for an end to this situation and a return to a life where we are able to return to school. In the meantime stay safe and take care.